THIS FORM IS THE OFFICIAL APPLICATION FORM FOR STUDENT LOANS AND BURSARIES FROM THE SHREE
PRETORIA HINDU SEVA SAMAJ AND MUST BE COMPLETED IN FULL
CONDITIONS OF GRANTING OF BURSARY / STUDY LOAN
- This document should be read in conjunction with the Samaj Study Loan and Samaj Bursary Policies.
- Bursaries & loans are granted for one year only. All prior recipients need to reapply annually.
- If an application is approved, the bursary, including any subsequent bursaries, is not repayable. Loans are
repayable with interest of 5 % per annum calculated from date (year) of receipt of loan. Repayment terms
- Institution fees, where applicable, will be paid directly to the institution by the Samaj. However, the onus
is on the applicant to inform the Samaj of the due date for payments.
- The Samaj reserves the right to request progress report from the applicant or from the institution
- The bursary or loan is to be utilized only for the course of study as per the approved application. The
Samaj reserves the right to review or withdraw the bursary should any deviation from the approved
course of study take place,
- The Samaj reserves the right to withdraw any bursary or loan awarded if the candidate is found, in the
opinion of the Samaj, to be abusing or misusing the funds.
- The applicant must notify the Samaj, in writing, of any material changes that occur during the year that
may impact negatively on the conditions under which the bursary or loan was granted (e. g changes in the
study course; changes in the hostel accommodation; receipt of funds from other sources as
bursaries/loans; etc.). Failure to do so may result in the Samaj withdrawing the bursary or loan and
demanding that all monies awarded to date be repaid with interest.
- The applicant must inform the Samaj in writing, of any other loan/bursary obtained, the amount thereof
and from whom within 30 days of being awarded such a bursary.
- The applicants agree to sign all documents required by the Samaj.